Seanad Éireann - Volume 123 - 06 December, 1989
Joint Services Committee: Message from Dáil.
An Cathaoirleach An Cathaoirleach
 An Cathaoirleach: Dáil Éireann has made the following Order:
(1) That a Select Committee consisting of 9 Members of Dáil Éireann be appointed to be joined with a Select Committee appointed by Seanad Éireann to form a Joint Committee (to be called the Joint Services Committee)
(i) to direct and control the Oireachtas Restaurant;
(ii) to assist and advise the Ceann Comhairle and the Cathaoirleach in the direction and control of the Oireachtas Library; and
(iii) to regulate and supervise the operation of the research service for Members and to recommend to the Ceann Comhairle and the Cathaoirleach any improvements in the operation of the service which may appear to it to be desirable from time to time.
(2) That the Joint Committee shall have power to appoint sub-committees and to delegate any matter comprehended by paragraph (1) of this Order to a sub-committee.
(3) That the Joint Committee and each sub-committee, previous to the commencement of business, shall elect one of its members to be Chairman, who shall have only one vote.
(4) That all questions in the Joint Committee and in each sub-committee shall be determined by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of there being an equality of votes the question shall be decided in the negative.
(5) That the quorum of the Joint Committee shall be five, of whom at least one shall be a Member of Dáil Éireann and one a Member of Seanad Éireann, and that the quorum of each sub-committee shall be three, at least one of whom shall be a Member of  Dáil Éireann and one a Member of Seanad Éireann.
Seanad Éireann 123 Joint Services Committee: Message from Dáil.