Seanad Éireann - Volume 116 - 17 June, 1987
Joint Services Committee: Message from Dáil.
An Cathaoirleach An Cathaoirleach
An Cathaoirleach: Dáil Éireann has passed the following Resolution in which the concurrence of Seanad Éireann is desired:—
(1) That it is expedient that a Joint Committee (to be called the Joint Services Committee), consisting of 9 members of Dáil Éireann and 9 members of Seanad Éireann, be appointed
(i) to direct and control the Oireachtas Restaurant;
(ii) to assist and advise the Ceann Comhairle and the Cathaoirleach in the direction and control of the Oireachtas Library; and
(iii) to regulate and supervise the operation of the research service for Members and to recommend to the Ceann Comhairle and the Cathaoirleach any improvements in the operation of the service which may appear to it to be desirable from time to time.
 (2) That the Joint Committee have power to appoint sub-committees and to delegate any matter comprehended by paragraph (1) of this resolution to a sub-committee.
(3) That the Joint Committee and each sub-committee, previous to the commencement of business, shall elect one of its members to be Chairman, who shall have only one vote.
(4) That all questions in the Joint Committee and in each sub-committee shall be determined by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of there being an equality of votes the question shall be decided in the negative.
(5) That the quorum of the Joint Committee be five of whom at least one shall be a member of Dáil Éireann and one shall be a member of Seanad Éireann and that the quorum of each sub-committee shall be three at least one of whom shall be a member of Dáil Éireann and one a member of Seanad Éireann.
Seanad Éireann 116 Joint Services Committee: Message from Dáil.