Dáil Éireann - Volume 637 - 26 June, 2007

Written Answers. - Housing Aid for the Elderly.

Deputy Edward O’Keeffe asked the Minister for Health and Children if she will arrange to re-assess an application by a person (details supplied) in County Cork for grant aid to replace windows and doors; and if her attention has been drawn to the fact that the person’s spouse is very ill. [16654/07]

  Deputy Mary Harney: Operational responsibility for the management and delivery of health and personal social services was assigned to the Health Service Executive (HSE) under the Health Act 2004 and funding for all health services has been provided as part of its overall vote. The HSE’s responsibility includes the operation of the Housing Aid Scheme for the Elderly, on behalf of the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government. Therefore, the Executive is the appropriate body to consider the particular case raised by the Deputy. My Department has requested the Parliamentary Affairs Division of the Executive to arrange to have the matter investigated and to have a reply issued directly to the Deputy.