Dáil Éireann - Volume 627 - 14 November, 2006
Written Answers. - EU Directives.
Mr. Allen Mr. Allen
Mr. Allen asked the Minister for Health and Children the number of EU directives awaiting transposition in her Department; the date by which these directives are to be, or were to be, transposed into Irish law; the number of  such EU directives which are overdue for transposition; when she expects that overdue directives will be transposed; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [37868/06]
Ms Harney Ms Harney
Ms Harney: There are currently 7 EU Directives awaiting transposition in my Department. Details of the dates by which transposition is due are as follows:
(1) 2006/34/EC — amending the Annex to Directive 2001/15/EC as regards the inclusion of certain substances — due 31/12/06:
(2) 2005/50/EC — on the reclassification of hip, knee and shoulder joint replacements in the framework of Council Directive 93/42/EEC concerning medical devices — due 1/3/07:
(3) 2006/33/EC — amending Directive 95/45/EC as regards sunset yellow FCF (E110) and titanium dioxide (E171) — due 10/4/07:
(4) 2006/37/EC — amending Annex II to Directive 2002/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the inclusion of certain substances — due 30/4/07:
(5) 2006/52/EC — amending Directive 95/2/EC on food additives other than colours and sweeteners and Directive 94/35/EC on sweeteners for use in foodstuffs — due 15/2/08.
In addition, two Directives are currently overdue for transposition as follows: 2004/24/EC and 2004/27/EC, both of which were due to be transposed on 30th October 2005. They relate to traditional herbal medicinal products. It is expected that they will be transposed very shortly.
Dáil Éireann 627 Written Answers. EU Directives.