Dáil Éireann - Volume 597 - 16 February, 2005
Written Answers. - Official Engagements.
Mr. Stanton Mr. Stanton
177. Mr. Stanton asked the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the official functions undertaken by him since his appointment; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [5192/05]
Mr. Brennan Mr. Brennan
Mr. Brennan: The various functions undertaken by me since my appointment are outlined in the following appendix A.
1. Meetings with the following organisations:
Pensions Board officials
National Association of People with an Intellectual Disability
Age Action Ireland
Disability Federation of Ireland
The British Ambassador
Children’s Rights Alliance
St. Vincent de Paul
Irish Senior Citizen’s Parliament
Combat Poverty Agency
National Association of Widows in Ireland
Irish Countrywomen’s Association
Irish Farmers Association
Unmarried & Separated Fathers of Ireland
Department of Work and Pensions UK.
2. Attendance at the pre-budget Forum, the Presidential inauguration, a Family Support Agency board meeting and a Pensions Board meeting.
Attendance at a Formal EU Council meeting in Brussels and a conference (‘A Social Europe’) in Rotterdam.
Attendance at the AGM of the Coalition of Immigrant Information Centres in New York. Attendance at the United Nations on the 10th Anniversary of the UN World Summit for Social Development and participation in round table discussions at same.
3. Opening of a conference for One Family, and the “Fathers at Christmas” conference.
4. Launch of the Family Support Agency’s annual report 2003, the Pensions Board Trustee Handbook and information book let, “Strengthening Families through Fathers” (Research Project under the Family Affairs Unit’s Research Programme), The Office of Social Inclusion’s Annual Report (NAPS 2003-2005) and Clondalkin Partnership’s Training Publication.
5. Visits to Listowel, Tralee, Finglas, Galway, Coolock, Nutgrove, Carrick on Shannon social welfare local offices and Longford social welfare local and services offices.
6. Hosting of a farewell lunch for the Austrian Ambassador.
7. Address to Network Galway (women’s group), the National Anti-Poverty Social Inclusion Forum and participation in plenary session and the YMCA ball (a fund-raising event).
8. Presentation of awards/certificates to the following; the Accord photographic competition winners, the Open Learning Centre in Colaiste Ide, Finglas, the travel writers awards, the graduation ceremony for Mohill Enterprise Centre and the Eircom FAI awards.
9. Photocall with the Special Olympics athletes for the family support guide.
Dáil Éireann 597 Written Answers. Official Engagements.