Dáil Éireann - Volume 433 - 30 June, 1993
Written Answers. - Single Market.
Mr. Hogan Mr. Hogan
83. Mr. Hogan asked the Minister for the Marine if there are any measures required to be taken in his remit of responsibility to comply with the terms of the Single Market; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Minister for the Marine (Mr. Andrews) Minister for the Marine (Mr. Andrews)
Minister for the Marine (Mr. Andrews): There are four relevant EC Directives in this connection. Statutory instruments to give effect to the requirements of these Directives are currently in preparation. Administrative arrangements have been put in place in the meantime  to give practical effect to the requirements of the Directives.
The four Directives are:
(1) Council Directive No. 91/67/EEC concerning the animal health conditions governing the placing on the market of aquaculture animals and products
(2) Council Directive No. 91/492/EEC laying down the health conditions for the production and the placing on the market of live bivalve molluscs
(3) Council Directive No. 91/493/EEC laying down the health conditions for the production and the placing on the market of fishery products
(4) Council Directive No. 92/48/EEC laying down the minimum hygiene rules applicable to fishery products caught on board certain vessels in accordance with Article 3 (1) (a) (i) of Directive 91/493/EEC
Dáil Éireann 433 Written Answers. Single Market.