Dáil Éireann - Volume 415 - 29 January, 1992

Written Answers. - Historic House Renovations.

154. Mr. Farrelly asked the Minister for Finance if there are any funds available through the Office of Public Works to renovate houses which are over 400 years old; and if so if he will give details of these; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Minister of State at the Department of Finance (Mr. O'Donoghue): The Office of Public Works do not provide funding for the renovation of privately owned properties. However, in the case of properties of particular architectural or historical merit, application may be made to the National Heritage Council for grant assistance. There are also significant tax reliefs which may be availed of by owners of these types of properties.

I will be happy to supply the Deputy with details on both of these schemes.