Dáil Éireann - Volume 307 - 20 June, 1978
Written Answers . - Meath Group Water Schemes .
Mr. Bruton Mr. Bruton
161. Mr. Bruton asked the Minister for the Environment if he will state, in respect of each group water scheme in County Meath, if any documents in respect of the scheme were submitted to his Department; and if approval for the proposal has yet been given by his Department.
Minister for the Environment (Mr. Barrett) Minister for the Environment (Mr. Barrett)
Minister for the Environment (Mr. Barrett): A file on a group water scheme proposal is not opened in my Department until a completed survey sheet is received from the relevant group. Accordingly, documents have been received by my Department in respect of all group scheme proposals in County Meath on my Department's records and the position at the 16 June 1978 was as follows :—
(1) 57 schemes serving 1,196 houses had been fully completed;
(2) 26 schemes to serve 737 houses were in progress and in respect of which my Department has paid 500 grants;
(3) 7 schemes to serve 436 houses were designed; and
(4) 58 schemes to serve an unknown number of houses were at earlier stages of development (e.g. location and testing of sources, design being prepared etc.).
The seven schemes for which designs have been submitted are under examination and will be approved as soon as possible.
The 58 schemes at earlier stages of development have not yet reached the point where the question of approval by my Department would arise.
Dáil Éireann 307 Written Answers . Meath Group Water Schemes .