Dáil Éireann - Volume 209 - 06 May, 1964
Ceisteanna—Questions. Oral Answers. - Hotel and Guesthouse Grants.
Mr. T. O'Donnell Mr. T. O'Donnell
18. Mr. T. O'Donnell asked the Minister for Transport and Power what grants are available to small hoteliers and guesthouse owners wishing to improve or extend their premises; and if he will give details of these grants.
Mr. Childers Mr. Childers
 Mr. Childers: All hotels, irrespective of size, are eligible for grants in respect of:
(1) the provision of additional bedroom accommodation.
(2) the improvement of the premises, including extension of public areas.
(3) the provision or improvement of staff accommodation,
(4) the provision of entertainment facilities for guests,
(5) interest charges on loans raised for the improvement or extension of the premises.
Guest houses providing at least ten guest bedrooms after any works proposed have been carried out are eligible for the bedroom grants, the improvement grants and the interest grants. Guest houses having less than ten guest bedrooms after the works involved have been carried out qualify only for interest grants.
Generally, the grant schemes cover 20 per cent of the cost of the works involved subject to certain maxima. Full details of the schemes are set out in a Bord Fáilte booklet, copies of which I am making available in the Library.
Dáil Éireann 209 Ceisteanna—Questions. Oral Answers. Hotel and Guesthouse Grants.