Dáil Éireann - Volume 12 - 18 June, 1925
CEISTEANNA—QUESTIONS. (ORAL ANSWERS.) - NATIONAL INSURANCE—INVESTMENTS ON BEHALF OF APPROVED SOCIETIES.
TOMAS MAC EOIN TOMAS MAC EOIN
TOMAS MAC EOIN asked the Minister for Local Government and Public Health if he can state the aggregate amount of the investments made by or on behalf of Approved Societies in Saorstát Eireann under Section 56 (1) (b) of the National Health Insurance Act, 1911, and if he can further state the value of these investments; (a) made by the Approved Societies in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of Section 56, and (b) made by the National Health Insurance Commissioners under sub-section (3) of that section, and if he can distinguish between the investments made in respect of men and women.
Mr. BURKE Mr. BURKE
Mr. BURKE: Pending the completion  of the apportionment of the National Health Insurance Fund and of Societies Funds by the International Arrangements Board, established under Section 11 (1) of the National Health Insurance Act, 1923, and Article 14 (1) of the National Health Insurance (International Arrangements) Order, 1923, it is not possible to give accurate details of the aggregate amounts appropriate to Saorstát Eireann in the Investment Account or of the aggregate amounts of the investments made by or on behalf of Saorstát Eireann Approved Societies.
The following figures give the best information available in regard to the items referred to in the question:—
1. Estimated amount transferred from Irish National Health Insurance Fund to National Debt Commissioners or Ministry of Finance for investment appropriate to Saorstát Eireann—£965,888.
2. Amount issued from Irish National Health Insurance Fund to Approved Societies for Investment by the Societies themselves up to 28th February, 1922—£655,634 2s. 4d. (all Ireland).
3. Amount invested by Irish Insurance Commissioners on behalf of Approved Societies up to 28th February, 1922—£594,142 14s. 9d. (all Ireland).
4. Estimated portion of amounts paid out of Irish National Health Insurance Fund for investment by or on behalf of Societies up to 28th February, 1922 (i.e., estimated portion of 2 plus 3 above) appropriate to Saorstát Eireann)—£726,121.
5. Amounts paid out of Saorstát Eireann National Health Insurance Fund for investment by or on behalf of Approved Societies since the 28th February, 1922—
6. Estimated amount expended on investments by or on behalf of Approved  Societies in Saorstát Eireann (i.e., 4 plus 5 above)— £819,306 1s. 1d.
It is not possible at any time to give separate figures for investments for men and women.
Dáil Éireann 12 CEISTEANNA—QUESTIONS. (ORAL ANSWERS.) NATIONAL INSURANCE—INVESTMENTS ON BEHALF OF APPROVED SOCIETIES.